Subject: Re: Speaking of Toy Story...
From: candyman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:22:53 -0500

At 02:51 PM 12/20/95 -0500, you wrote:
>	I don't know if this has been discussed, so forgive me if it has.  But,
>for those of you who have seen Toy Story (and for those who haven't, I promise
>to keep the spoilers to a minimum... ;), how would you have done it??
>	I know -- big 'how'.  But I'm sure there are opinions floating around
>on the list, "I coulda done that better."  Well, what was it, and how would you
>have done it better?

doh! this hit a pet peeve of mine about animations right now....yes we can
all talk for days about different ways to have done things etc...

But the story...thats what is the key...not just a story but character
development..pacing...emotion etc..

the kewlest thing about toy story IMHO is just that development...true to
life 3d has its place and is just as important..but to me the fact that i
could sit through this with my girlfriend and know she was enjoying it was
the key...to often in my own work have I knocked myself out just to get that
texture etc..perfect...when to your average audience(and potentially
clients) it only goes over their heads anyway...oops starting to rant
now..:) n e way I think people should look at the fact that they brought a
lot of seperate elements together into a nice package,and in their judgement
story took precedent over reality...I wish my producers were that organized...
	Those who perceive the as yet unnamed, are vagabonds...